To manage and supervise the operational and administrative functions, activities, and projects of a clinical care delivery center. Responsibilities include the managing, planning and coordinating of the operations of the clinic to include: Supervising all clinic and office staff, collecting of copays or balances due, monitoring delivery of patient services, providing excellent customer service and acting as liaison with patients, businesses, hospitals and physicians.
- 1+ years of Office Manager experience.
- Associate degree or equivalent, preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office with basic computer and keyboarding skills.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred; must be able to read, write and speak English.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises patient flow.
- Ensures that all state and federal regulations governing the management and release of health information are met.
- Monitoring delivery of patient services to include reviewing physician activity data and forecast and prepare for all changes needed or impacted by patient load and billing/collecting procedures.
- Maintaining office compliance with all government and state regulations and policies.
- Maintaining all required operational state and government licenses up-to-date.
- Supervises and directs all clinic staff to ensure that the center operates in an efficient manner and that the patients receive high quality customer service.
- Must be able to reconcile Petty Cash.
- Assist Administration in supervising staff.
- Communicates observations of patient’s status to physician.
- Monitors medical and office to ensure proper function, inspection and expiration date of service.
- Reports malfunction of medical equipment and safety issues to administration if unable to find resolution.
- Complies with Infection Control and OSHA Regulations (biomedical waste, handling and disposal) for the practice as per regulations.
- Monitors that clinical staff stores drug samples appropriately and that expired medications are removed and disposed of accordingly.
- Takes appropriate action to maintain a safe environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Prepare center productivity reports (metrics) on a weekly basis and submitting these in a timely manner as required by Administration.
- Participating in HEDIS, STAR, MRA and other quality measure activities.
- Monitoring of staff time to control unnecessary staff overtime and monitoring time productivity.
- Reviews and approves employee time sheets.
- Responsible for inventory control of both medical and office supplies.
- Recommends changes that will increase productivity and improve delivery of medical and customer services.
- Participates in center activities in order to promote center growth.