- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred; must be able to read, write and speak English.
- 1-2 years of experience in Customer Service preferred
- Basic computer knowledge; MS Word and MS Excel, internet, document with Electronic Health Records and/or authorization system with minimal typing/spelling errors, send e-faxes and email.
- Strong people skill; independent decision making and customer service oriented.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Influences patient satisfaction by answering incoming calls using the assigned telephone script in a professional, courteous and timely manner.
- Answers calls on or before the third ring.
- Conduct outbound survey calls to obtain patients overall experience with our medical services.
- Provides patient with accurate practice information. IE, Office Hours, address, etc.
- Screens and disseminates all incoming calls to the appropriate personnel/department in a timely fashion and ensures calls are routed properly.
- Takes phone messages when necessary and properly informs appropriate person.
- Sends tasks using Intergy Software to the appropriate individuals.
- Have open communication with Administrator on daily basis regarding any changes in schedule (example Physicians cancellation, employees out sick, employees on vacation.)
- Maintains and enhances telephone directories.
- Responsible for knowledge of Physician and Specialist Schedule.
- Properly communicates any non-functioning telephones.
- Conducts all activities in a professional, polite and courteous manner and abides by company policies and procedures.
- Monitors call HOLD time.
- Makes certain that patients are not left on hold without needs being assessed.
- Follows Telephone Etiquette as instructed on attached document – Attachment A.
- Responsible for entering daily patient call in the call logs and follow up with the caller until their request is completed.
- Maintains continuous communication with Administration and other patient service representatives and refers difficult issues immediately.
- Trouble shooting any patient inquiry or concern and ensure patients expectations are met and able to schedule patient appointment in our system.
- Maintain work area clean and organized at all times.
- Complies with HIPAA regulations.
- Responsible to complete the Monthly Patient Satisfaction Survey Program as assigned.